Monday, June 24, 2013

Cardmaking Monday - Week 3

Hello,

This week I was inspired by the Simon Says Stamp & Show Blog, their weekly challenge is all about stripes.

I made two cards with stripes today, and I made masculine birthday cards, I have many male friends and never seem to have enough of them and male cards aren't that simple either.

The first one I made the background myself with distress ink and tape.



The second one I took some paper that I bought in the very beginning of my crafting days. It quality isn't top and It is very bright and not very trendy any more. But for cards you can still use them. You only need a bit and you have a focal image so ideal to use. Oh and to avoid having it to bright and not so cool, well I put some distress ink all over it, instead of a screamy stripe pattern I got a vintage stripe pattern, very neat and very easy :)



Thank you for reading my blog

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, love the striped background. Lovely idea creating your own stripes with Distress Ink and tape. The stripes are a fabulous backdrop for your focal image. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. I like how you created your own stripes with the masking tape...must remember that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card! Love the image and the use of stripes! :)

    ReplyDelete