Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Baby card

Hello world,

I didn't get a lot of blogging time these couple of months and have somewhat to share with you guys so there will be a couple of posts today cause I have lots to share.

Firstly I'm going to share a baby cared.
A couple of months ago one of my colleagues became the father of a beautiful baby boy.

A lot of people needed to sign so I was aloud to really enjoy myself and make a big card (about A5).
The concept was also that when you put it on display you had the possibility to hide the name signings and just see design.

On the front I went for multiple layers with as focal image a baby boy with a toy bunny,  that stamp is too cute. Here I chose some pattern paper from the 6 x 6 basic grey "Oliver" paper pad and at the bottom a little piece of Graphic 45. The baby was coloured with the Tim Holtz Distress Markers on water colour paper (no special brand, I use the one from my local art store). And I could not resist to ad a few ladybugs. Cause ladybugs are for good luck and what a better way to welcome a little baby by giving some good luck. 


The other side of the front panel was a pocket with a tag inside.I didn't find any patterned paper that I wanted to use, so I made my own with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Stripes - THS004). The Stencil was not big enough for the piece that needed to get done but with a bit of handiness you can reposition the stencil and continue your background.

The image used is one off the blueprint stamps from Tim Holtz that was stamped on water colour paper and coloured in with Distress markers. It was attached with some dimensional foam in order to create a nice pocket for the tag.
On the tag you can put some extra message or some useful information like what you bought from the birth list and when it will be available for pick-up or whatever you want it is bonus space.



Next to that I did a panel with a present and balloons that said felicitations in different languages, I added a felicitation to the yellow balloon as well later on.
I did the same background as in the previous panel. The balloons are also Tim Holtz blueprint stamps that I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured in with the Tim Holtz Distress Markers and I cut them out.
I attached some white string to them that I attached to a little pin from the Tim Hotz idea-ology line.



When you opened the card you see those two panels, it was very funny actually because a lot of people were confused were to write their name. There are two panels to write on behind the balloon panel which opens up. Sadly I don't have a picture with the open card.

 
Thank you for reading my blog.
 Caroline 

No comments:

Post a Comment